Lithuanian Association of Adult Education (LAAE) was established on 24 February 1992. LAAE is a public non-profit independent union of individuals and organizations of various types.
Our MISSION is: We, Lithuanian Association of Adult Education, in cooperation with Lithuanian and foreign adult educators and institutions, are calling get together individuals and representatives of various organizations for the purpose to promote an approach of Life Long Learning within the society and the development of an opportunities for continuing education.
Our activities are based upon such principles:
- Openness for ideas, initiatives and experience;
- Responsible and good willing work within a team;
- Efficiency, e.g. to fulfill tasks in time and according agreed standards.
AIMS of the Association:
- To invite adult educators and the institutions, discussing adult education issues, for joint work.
- To Disseminate the ideas of andragogy and increase the prestige of the andragogy profession.
- To Develop the andragogical mastery and internationality of adult educators.
- To Develop a culture of quality management in adult education.
- To develop adults need for Life ling Learning and capacities for active participation in their professional and community life;
- To represent Lithuanian adult educators in the country and abroad.
To realize those aims, Association is focusing its activities in such directions: Promoting of Adults Teaching / Learning Methods and Development of Skills to Work with Adult Groups; Development of Adults Civic Skills; Adults Social Initiatives Possibilities Development; organization of Adult Learners Weeks, development partnership with similar organizations from other countries, forma and non-formal meetings of LAAE members.
LAAE is participating in creation of the main policy documents and legal acts on education. According the Law on Education LAAE sends its representative to the Council of Education of Lithuania which enables to advocate the interests of adult education in education policy debates.
LAAE is a member of: European Adult Education Association (EAEA, since 1993); ReferNet, the European network of reference and expertise provides high quality (since 2003); of non-formal Nordic – Baltic network of Adult Education (since 2006); NGO Education Network in Lithuania (since 2017).
The LAAE is also one of the establishers of the Estate Academy of Rumšiškės museum an associate partner of the international LEM Network (Learning Museum Network, www.lemproject.eu). www.lssa.smm.lt